Thursday 5 June 2014

Irregular Choice: One Who Charms & Magic Pony

Irregular Choice One Who Charms Shoes and Magic Pony Bag
A picture heavy but chatter light post today, because I'm absolutely pooper-scoopered, but thought you'd want to see the wonderful new arrivals.
Irregular Choice One Who Charms Shoe and Magic Pony Bag
My One Who Charms unicorn heels arrived from Schuh on Monday. I was very impressed with the quick service and I think had I ordered them on a weekday other than Friday (ie. not to arrive on the weekend), then they'd have been here next day (they were sent Express 24). Good going for free delivery. I'm glad I sized up because they feel really snug, all over. You'll maybe recall originally I ordered two sizes in the star Eternal Friend unicorn courts (and kept the smaller pair) but took a chance just ordering the bigger size in the cream OWC. I haven't actually been well enough to wear any of them, but I tried on the cream ones again last week, just to double check they were a good fit. I haven't compared the two colours, but certainly the size up (6/39) felt like they 'just' fitted me and no more. I don't recall feeling that way about the cream, but it could just be that because I haven't worn shoes for months now, it felt weirdly restrictive. Haven't worn a bra either, so that'll be interesting when that happens (wee overshare for you there)! Irregular Choice One Who Charms Shoes back Irregular Choice One Who Charms unicorn heels facing Irregular Choice One Who Charms Shoes
Anyway I'd recommend sizing up personally. The strap again, 'just' fits. Had it been a fiddly button, I'd have been struggling I reckon. It's just secure enough on the base Velcro, but it's almost as 'wide' as it can be. Thankfully the Velcro is black, so it's not noticeable that I'm not fully covering it. I probably didn't take as many pictures as last time, you might find it helpful to look at that post if you need to see the toe shape and froggy soles etc. The unicorn heels are exactly the same.  The only difference I can see other than the colour/fabric is the zig-zag design done in sequins last time, is instead a meshy pattern with gold metallic thread on a black background.  You can see it best on the toes in the photo below.    Irregular Choice One Who Charms Shoes front Irregular Choice One Who Charms Shoe side Irregular Choice One Who Charms Shoe flat Irregular Choice One Who Charms Shoe tassel and unicorn heel Irregular Choice One Who Charms unicorn heel
Then my coordinating Magic Pony bag arrived from Irregular Choice yesterday (again using free delivery). It's so beautiful, like really lovely. The fabric is rich yet kinda muted or is subdued a better word? It's just gorgeous. It doesn't feel as stiff as my other one to open and also the actual bag itself feels a bit less rigid. It's the same inside, so check this original post if that intrigues you and I forgot to take a photo of the strap. It's turquoise metallic on the underside (the same as the base) and then the floral pattern on the other. Irregular Choice matching One Who Charms Shoes and Magic Pony Bag Irregular Choice One Who Charms Shoes with Magic Pony Bag
Despite the busy background, the unicorns are still quite clear and again the colours are just so lovely. Can you spot the mistake though? I noticed right way, but I all but spelt it out to my sister and she still sat for 10 minutes trying to find it. Irregular Choice Magic Pony Bag
Only one pony has an embroidered mouth. Collective "awwww"! I'd never send it back for fear of losing it altogether (they sold out on Friday), plus it's not something I'm particularly bothered by. I actually think I prefer it without the mouth.  It just makes mine even more unique doesn't it? Irregular Choice Magic Pony Bag detail Irregular Choice Magic Pony Bag unicorn face Irregular Choice Magic Pony Bag fabric detail Irregular Choice Magic Pony Bag base Irregular Choice Magic Pony Bag glitter heart
What do you think? Do you prefer the originals or like the new colourway better? So much for the chatter-light approach too. It appears even on my death-bed*, my tongue (or typing fingers) never halt (* major exaggeration on the dying part).  In other breaking news, I have named the unicorns on this bag "Smiley" and "Shyley", no prizes for guessing which is which.  You'll maybe recall I wanted to name the animals on my other bags too, so after far too much brainstorming, the original unicorns are "Galaxie" and "Cosmo" and my Purfect Pose cat is "Dolce".  It's becoming clear why I've never been blessed with children isn't it?  Muahaha x

All photos and opinions my own.  Schuh link can earn this blog a small commission through purchases.    

10 comments :

  1. Aw, I do really like the bag - I was tempted when they came back in stock but then I had a meeting to get to so didn't manage to log on. Assume they're sold out again now, though. I have to admit, I'm still not that fussed about the unicorn heels, though and I'm trying to be more selective with what I order these days - in the past I'd have bought a pair just for the sake of collecting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they still had the bags last time I looked (blue and ivory). Exactly, I'm the same. I just don't have room or money for 'they're alright' type of shoes. I need to really like them. Maybe the next statement heel will appeal to you. x

      Delete
    2. Maybe so and apparently there are going to be more soon..She wouldn't say what they would be though.

      Delete
  2. Ahahahahaha! spotted the mouth in 3 seconds!!!! I really like this bag! In fact, if it wasn't for the (what I consider) hefty price tag for a smaller bag (I need a sack for my daily load!) I would consider buying this- it's really nice! The shoes- again I like the material though not sure about the heel like Char!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Shyley!! It is quite pricey, but it's a big bag for me, I tend to pack light for the day, but I'd imagine you would require something bigger for work. The material is lovely, really like those colours. x

      Delete
  3. wow I saw these but I can't buy due to big shoe size :(. I love the bag, the busy print and the unicorn somehow works really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shoes (though the bunny ones are still my favorite - I'm so sad I don't have those and am so broke I won't have for awhile) and the bag is super cute too. Would you wear them together or prefer to wear them on their own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Good question, probably both. I think sometimes I'd like them together but could imagine the shoes working with other bags of mine and likewise the bag maybe working with other shoes.

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.