Saturday 8 February 2014

Haul Pics: Irregular Choice Unicorn Heels

What a busy week it has been and an ace post to round off with, my new Irregular Choice unicorn heels! They arrived today and I wanted to take photos right away to share with you!  They are every bit as wonderful as I expected them to be.
With every other statement heel release, I've been rather strict and stuck to the one style I wanted most (well Santa only came in one form). I really wanted Thundrella (gnomes) more than the Chuckles pair I got, but as mine were released first, I bought them for fear of Thundrella never coming out and me missing out altogether. I've more than worn my gnomes though and absolutely love the style and colour I got, so I'm happy I got that style in the end and am not too sad about the other pair. This release was unicorns though and I'm completely and totally obsessed with them as most of you know. Thankfully the styles were all being released on the same day, so I was able to choose from all seven at once. As I love unicorns so much, I allowed myself the indulgence of ordering two different pairs.  It's not every day you get unicorn feet is it?
Like I said in my original post, (black) Eternal Friend were my first choice, but out of nowhere One Who Charms, did just that and charmed it's way onto my wishlist. I'll start with those and I got them a size bigger (6/39) as I thought I'd need that. The strap across the foot fastens with velcro (similar to Chuckles), so there's that security there and your foot doesn't feel like it's slipping out if the shoe is a little big.
I've only tried them on briefly, but they didn't feel or look large. My Mum thought they were gaping slightly, but it's the darker metallic lining showing, rather than the shadow of a gap.
You can see the jagged sequin pattern that trims all around the shoe, which is then slightly obscured with the fringing. A tassel hangs at the heel. I forgot to photograph the new box (it's glossy for the first time ever!) but you can see bits of it in these photos. The new sole features this lovely frog print, very unusual.
The heel has the same feel as Flopsy (bunny) and has blue shading (Flopsy has pink). The chunky horn sits right under the foot and is covered in gold glitter.
I must admit, I did have this thought before buying them-that the fringing could get in the way of the velcro fastening and also that putting your foot into the shoe, you'd have to ensure the fringes were all lying flat and didn't follow your foot inside the shoe. There's not a huge amount and I think the length really helps, that they don't get in the way too much, but it's something to remember when taking them on and off. Now for Eternal Friend. Remember I ordered two sizes of these. Whenever I took the 6/39 out of the box, I thought they must be the 5/38 as they looked tiny!
However when I slipped my foot into the 5/38 they do fit. It's a snug/neat fit, but I think with wear they'll stretch a bit and I might help them along with some thick socks around the house first! They measure 24.5cm inside which is a regular fit for a 5/38. The 6/39 weren't massive, but they didn't look as neat as the 5, especially around the top of the foot. There was a bit of a gap. I also think with wear, they'd perhaps become too big especially at the heel. I found they measure just over 25cm, so there's not a whole lot in it. I reckon though that I'll keep the 5's and return the bigger pair.
The unicorn heel is the same as One Who Charms. As I said before, it seems most like Flopsy, so I've compared the two here. It has that 'almost' wedge like feel that Flopsy has, but you'll note that it's completely flat on the base, whereas the bunny tilts upwards. It's also not as chunky (wide) as the bunny.  Height wise they are much the same with the unicorn measuring 4 1/2".
The stars on the shoe are actually almost matte, but under lights and with the camera flash, they really twinkle. You can see the difference below with the flash and underneath that, without.
The toe is very short and has a cutesy stubby shape, so there isn't a whole lot of room for your toes no matter which size you go for. As it's an open court, I wasn't troubled with my toes scrunching up when slipping my foot in (the issue I had with Flopsy etc). I could possibly foresee a little rubbing on top of my toes (at the joints), but hopefully if I stretch them a little that will be resolved.
I've taken photos of all my statement heels to compare. Flopsy came first, then Chuckles (gnome) then Dreamy (Santa).
Now you want to see how they look on the foot right? I quickly snapped some pics for you. This is Eternal Friend in the size 5 by the way.
What do you think? I'm really pleased with them. If I ever get dressed and out of the house (literally been 3 weeks since I've been outside), then we'll see how I manage to style them. I'm going to spend this week clearing some room for my two new pairs and possibly a third as I'm hoping to buy the cat heels on Thursday! For anyone that ordered their uni's, have they arrived? Do they fit? Schuh now have stock of the black Eternal Friend and striped Full Of Grace if you couldn't find your size earlier in the week.

19 comments :

  1. Wow! I definitely prefer the black ones to the sparkly white ones but those are definitely you! They look so high!!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, what to wear the fringed pair with? Hmmm x

      Delete
  2. I love how your quirky heels collection is growing. I so don't get on with heels so I'm living my pretty-shoe dreams vicariously through you missy ;) xx
    - Rai / blarglefargle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I'd have never guessed back when Flopsy came out that I'd add gnomes, Santa and unicorns to them!

      Delete
  3. gold one is my fave for sure!
    such details as just one shoe★
    I feel like want some dress like that<333

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually really love the one who charms! They are very eclectic, but remind me of something marie antionette would wear if they were around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice very nice, how did you go with the sizing. Previous I.C. buys showed the shoes a bit small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The EF feel like Flopsy or Dreamy, a little small. OWC feel smaller, I'd say they fit more like Chuckles, so size up on those.

      Delete
  6. I bought both of those pairs too, I'm normally a size 8, and it works out I'm a 41 in IC, and before having my baby that size fitted perfectly, but since having him my feet have grown a tad so I now have to stretch them out slightly, I have tried both pairs on and the the eternal friend feels like a perfect fit but the One Who Charms is a little snug but I keep wearing them round the house to stretch them out a bit.
    They are the two best pairs out of all 7, I'm glad I bought both, just need it to stop raining and book a night out to show them off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off topic, but I'll be gutted if my feet grow after pregnancy (happened to my Mum too)...I have quite the collection to NOT fit any longer! Yeah, I definitely feel OWC are smaller fitting than EF, so I'm glad I sized up on those. Well my house is like a building site right now, so there's no way I'm wearing unicorn heels in mud and under scaffolding etc! Hope you get to wear yours soon x

      Delete
    2. Luckily they haven't grown a whole size otherwise I would cry. My first ICs all fit perfectly still but whilst I was heavily pregnant I bought Fairies In A Jar in black and red and they were just a little tight, the more I wear them the more comfortable they are getting but I haven't been able to use them much as it always seems to be raining. I have started slimming world so hopefully when i get back to pre baby weight my shoes might fit better too. I hope you get to wear yours soon too, it's not fun when you have builders everywhere x

      Delete
    3. Oh phew : ) I find those styles like Fairies In A Jar (Can't Touch This etc) usually need a little stretching. Mine are quite a snug fit at first, but usually come good after a few wears.

      Delete
  7. Hey,
    Can I ask where you heard that the cat heels are due out this week? I had loads of promo about the unicorns, but have seen virtually nothing about the cats! I only have the funds for one pair, and am more of a cat girl than a unicorn, however am REALLY starting to thing I will regret not going for those OWC's! They are breathtaking and none of the cat previews I have managed to track down even come close to the beauty of that design in my opinion :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *ooops, think, not thing!!

      Delete
    2. They'd mentioned it on Facebook...however as of yesterday they've said it will be next Wednesday (19th) 12 noon again. Hopefully see some better images closer to the time.

      Delete
  8. Gutted, really want to buy a pair of unicorns for my prom, however no one is selling!( I wouldn't want to part with then either though! Love al of the shoes they are soooo gorge! xx

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.