Monday 29 April 2013

Monster High Monday: Swim Class Lagoona


One of my newest dolls this week, Lagoona Blue from the Swim Class line (exclusive to Smyths if you're looking for her in the UK). Is she not just the most beautiful cutie-pie you've ever seen? I love her! For once I organised myself in advance for MHM (you'll have seen sneak-peeks if you follow my Facebook) as I knew there were several shades involved and it could take time to find matches within my collection for this particular doll. In the end all the colours were perfect dupes, I definitely need to try and prepare ahead of time more often! Lagoona has shimmering blue skin, green eyes with pink, purple and turquoise eyeshadow, purple eyebrows, lots of freckles and a bold but dull coral-ish pink lip. Told you it was tricky! I found the best lipstick for it though and I even attempted the purple brows this week.
On my face I'm wearing Pout Face & Body Illuminator mixed in equal parts to Lancome Teint Miracle in 005 Beige Ivoire. On blemishes and under the eyes is Dainty Doll concealer in 001 Very light and I finished with a light dusting of Clarins Ever Matte Mineral Powder Compact in Translucent Opal and I also added a little MAC Pearlmatte powder in Flatter Me on the cheeks (I think Lagoona would approve of the shimmer).
For the eyes, I applied Too Faced Shadow Insurance as my base with some Paul & Joe Eye Gloss in 05 L'Aurore (shimmery) concentrating on just under the brow. For even more shimmer like Lagoona, I applied the highlighter/base shade from my Lancome Color Focus palette in 103 Golden Frenzy.
I applied MAC Haunting eyeshadow (turquoise) along the lower lashline and above the crease. On the lids up to the crease I used the pink shade from MAC's Eyes On Manish palette.  At first I thought Lagoona was wearing a neon shade similar to MAC Viva Glam Nicki lipstick, but upon close inspection the lids are actually pink and not orangey or coral (phew because I have no idea how I would've duped that), so the pink from the Manish palette was the perfect colour.  I took a thin brush to apply Estee Lauder Pure Color eyeshadow in 29 Orchid directly along the natural crease. I also used this shade over my brows for a purple look like Lagoona. I finished with YSL Waterproof Eye Pencil and Lancome Artliner for a little flick and Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless mascara on my lashes. The images below are before the purple brows and without liquid liner (also the EL Orchid shade looks plummy, it's not, it's bright violet).
For the lips I lined and filled using V-Sculpt Lip Liner (Victoria Beckham) in 702 Cool and then applied lots of YSL Rouge Pur in 138 Pink Orchid.
So how do you think I did this week? I quite liked the fun brights and the application was easy enough.  If you want to see the whole outfit, then head over to The Shoe Girl Diaries where I've already posted that (fab  heel-less shoes that you need to see too).

4 comments :

  1. Just found your blog today, it's wonderful! You have the most beautifulest hair madam! xx

    Clairey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look always...beautifull!!!!..

    xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.