Monday 21 May 2012

Picture Mania

Hello my lovelies. I'm so happy to be feeling slightly better today (Saturday) and well enough to type. I had to take a day-off yesterday due to my health. I've had the migraine from hell for 4 days straight, period pain and toothache. Whoever decided to chuck all three at me along with my usual ailments is damn mean! The toothache was bad enough for me to make an appointment and go down there in the pouring rain on Thursday. Unfortunately for me, my dentist didn't find anything and I could tell she was getting slightly irritated with my persistence as was I with her lack of assistance! To make matters worse the problem is in a tooth which has been root-treated, so technically I shouldn't feel anything, but I am. She took x-rays and sent me home with a wee tube of sensitive toothpaste and told me to see her next Wednesday (because she doesn't work Mon/Tue)! Sure, just make me suffer another week of it! Obviously I was pretty mad-I felt ill, haven't been able to eat anything hot (including my beloved cups of tea) and she was making me last out another week? I've been trying to work through it all week, but the computer is really the worst thing for my head, so I had to give in. I tried to sleep my way through it yesterday, but then the migraine hindered that. Unfortunately the only thing that works for that is those migraine-wafer thingies, but I can't take them with the medication I'm already on (I've tried it twice in the past and had temporary paralysis of my upper body!), so I just had to suffer it. I did find some Panadol in the cupboard and took a couple of doses of that because I was at my wits end. The toothache has now spread to the teeth above and that was actually bothering me more than the original one and yesterday I hardly ate a thing. I slept until 11.30am today though and must say I feel a ton better. No headache and the teeth aren't too bad. I'm saving the Panadol for when I really need it...I do have until Wednesday afterall! I was feeling rather sorry for myself about the whole thing, because I've been trying really hard to live a better life, eat healthier, stress less and look after myself more but not only was it not working, it was actually having the opposite effect, typical!
Anyway, I got my new Nikon D3100 earlier in the week (scary) and really wanted to take time to play around with it and get to know how it works. The camera in itself had added to my stress because I've literally spent months researching which one to buy (nowhere near as much fun as looking for shoes fyi) and in the end, completely did a u-turn and went for the expensive DSLR which I hadn't thought I could afford! I had a little play with it today because I haven't had time or felt up to it all week. It's going to take some getting used to and I don't think it's reached it's full potential in this post, but I'm still learning (and I still consider myself to be a pretty crap photographer, but I enjoy it). It's quite hard to take self-portraits or steady 'shoes on my feet' shots, which is what my other cameras excelled at. I think you would need to use a tripod quite a lot and I usually don't bother because it takes time to set-up and/or I'm pushed for space. I mostly played around with the zoom lens and close-ups today. You'll be rewarded with the text-heavy paragraph above with a picture heavy post after this! I started taking some pics in my room, then went into my sisters which is like girl-heaven.  The nephews are practically banned from entering because it's beyond their wildest dreams and there's too many things for them to touch (and break)!  It was good fun taking these images because there's so many different colours and textures and the lighting was challenging in the hard to reach places.  I hasten to add the images taken in her room show only a small portion of her stuff...she has an insane amount of dolls, figures, trinkets, toys etc! I keep telling her to start her own blog, but she doesn't have time for it sadly.

5 comments :

  1. Wow that room is insane and AWESOME! love it :) and glad you are feeling better! maybe if your sister cannot start a blog, maybe she could do a feature on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! awesome stuff :P btw i love your blog :) i think it was the first one i went to...anyway your sister should definitely start a blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOur room is wicked. I did the same when I bought my canon 1100D. First I wanted something quite expensive but instead bough an entry level DLSR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow hat amazing collections ! :)
    I love the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING room!! I'd love to see an overview!! Your sister and I have SO much in common!! She has a lot of the same dolls as me! :)
    Where did she get the rag doll with the real hair? I'd love one!! <3
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.