Friday 9 December 2011

New Boots

I know I shouldn't really be spending money on myself in the run up to Christmas, however I've actually bought all my presents already and I'd made some money at the weekend on eBay so when I saw a couple of bargains on ASOS-I just went for them!
Two huge parcels arrived yesterday, so it was quite exciting.
As a premier account holder on ASOS, I currently get 10% off all orders (sale items included) until Christmas, which is great. I haven't really taken advantage of it though or ordered much from ASOS at all in the past few months, however I've been keeping my eye on their Irregular Choice stock, which although small-has a few items I was interested in. I was pretty excited to get both pairs in the new cuckoo boxes (I expected one pair to be in it but not the other).
'The Beast' boot currently have 25% off and with the extra 10%, they were all the more appealing. It's quite funny because I thought these boots were completely ugly the first time I saw them. Over time they grew on me and then I saw a pic on the IC Facebook page of someone wearing them and was completely sold! It's also quite strange that I was more attracted to the brown version rather than the black (I always opt for black) and lucky for me, brown was the version ASOS had. Anyway they are absolutely gorgeous, seriously. They have a rubber sole, which is a first for me with Irregular Choice and this lovely wooden wedge. The inside is gorgeous, soft purple suede and they even have an elasticated strap across the foot inside to keep your foot in-although I don't find it's entirely needed seeing as I have the outer strapping pretty tight. The fur is fabulous too and I'm not one to tell anyone else how to live their lives, but the use of real fur in the fashion industry is something I'm quite opinionated about-there's just no need for it, especially when fake feels as soft and looks as good as this.
Now the other pair I ordered were the elusive Long Lashes. I've swithered with them for years and more so in recent weeks when I noticed they were less than half price on ASOS. I'm not entirely sure they're 'me' though (quite masculine and clumpy) and this was my hesitation. Of course they sold out and nothing makes me want a shoe more than it being out of stock, so I've stalked the site this week and was in luck when they had a black pair of size 5's. I'm still not totally convinced when looking at them that they're my style but once on, they feel so cosy and comfortable that I couldn't really care! They have a charcoal suede lining and the cuckoo sole (obviously a re-make for this season). They're not my favourite shoe in my collection but I'm certain I'll get a lot of wear out of them and if not I know there are a million of you who would take them off my hands (they always seem to be very popular) . The sole does have a very strange curved bottom, so indoors you kinda spin on them, but I wore them outside today and will be posting about them soon on The Shoe Girl Diaries. Better pics to follow over the weekend of these two, as I only had my phone to hand to take these ones.

11 comments :

  1. i like it bouth!

    http://creepyvanityfair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 'beast' purchase; I adore mine and they've barely been off my feet :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya,
    How did you get your extra 10% off until Xmas? I am a premier customer and after some IC's and any discount helps ;0)
    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. In emails from ASOS, there's been a little bit saying 10% off for premier account holders. My code was PREMIER10 but I've heard it's different for others. It's valid until 22nd Dec. on as many orders as you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please I need help! I have recently bought a pair of boots form Irregular Choice (Longer Lashes) and I think I have made a mistake with the size... I use size 6.5 (=37 in Eur) in Converse . But in the store they only had 36 and 39... so I bought 39! Do you think it's going to be too large?? How are you wearing them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi kelly, the LL boots are quite large in the heel and because they are heavy (with the wedge heel), they can slip off your heel when walking. I only needed my regular size in them, a 38/UK5. A 39/UK6 will definitely be too big for you if you are a 37/UK4. The smaller size 36/3 may have provided a better fit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohh...nooo... I hope I can change them!! Thank you so much for your response!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad i came across your blog, it's really helpful, since I am considering purchasing the exact same boots, but i want to find the right size for me, 'cause the boots are not really cheap. Do yout think they are true to size? Like you, I also wear 38, what US size exactly does 38 correspond to? Thanks and greeting from Bulgaria! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, both the Long(er) Lashes and The Beast are true to size or if anything run a little large (generous). Each brand has a different idea of what a 38 is in US sizing, usually in Irregular Choice though, it's a 7 (some other brands are 7.5 or 8). I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much, it did help! :) I just ordered the last pair of IC Long Lashes in Black on amazon.com, they were a US 7 which is perfectly fine for me, can't wait for them ro arrive. Thanks once again, have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, hope you like them when they arrive!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.