Friday 11 March 2011

FOTD 11/03

A quick FOTD for you today. Sometimes I spend ages doing my makeup and it just looks a big old mess, then you get days like today, when it's super quick and turns out pretty neat! I was wearing bright pink, silver and turquoise metallic ankle boots today, so figured a hot turquoise eye would compliment well. I chose the darker side of Pout's Miss Fiji eyeshadow duo, which is a matte shade and really is super bright in the flesh. Unfortunately my nude lip using Test Pattern lipliner and Viva Glam Gaga 2 lipstick (both MAC) isn't completely representative of the colour here. It looks really light in the images and nowhere near as pretty as in real life. Dare I say, I can see myself buying a back up of this! Yep, me with the hundreds of lippies!
As for my face, I used Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in 1C1 Shell and I've just discovered a Pout concealer and pressed powder which I bought when the website closed and haven't used before. They are both amazing so I've been using them non-stop for the past couple of weeks-it's so sad that this brand is discontinued because the products were fabulous. I definitely need a dupe for the concealer, it's the only concealer I've ever been completely impressed with. Blush was MAC Hipness, under eyeshadow I used Urban Decay Primer Potion (which I'm loving even more than Too Faced Shadow Insurance I think). Eyeliner is L'Oreal Super Liner in Carbon Black with a pencil underneath and the mascara was BeneFit Bad Gal.
Oh and the eyebrows are a mess while I decide again whether to grow them! I spent at least 9 months doing so last year, only to pluck away the regrowth in frustration that it didn't look right! The 'patch' grew back relatively quickly since then and I still can't decide what to do, it's not even enough to make my brows thicker all over, it's just a silly little section that looks stupid on it's own and taking a pencil to the naked areas just looks fake. I think I should just admit defeat, after all what can I expect after 18 years of plucking! I'm kinda renowned for my thin eyebrows anyway!

2 comments :

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.