Wednesday 17 November 2010

Dark Lipstick Swatches Part 1/3

I've been banging on about dark lipsticks for ages and I felt inspired by this really useful post by makeup artist Lisa Eldridge...so I put together some of my darker lipsticks for a massive swatch fest. It's going to be in 3 parts and will feature drugstore brands, high end and those in between! I've tried to photograph a wide selection with plums, purple, wine, raspberry etc There are loads of different finishes too, so if a full-on highly pigmented dark lip scares you, a sheer wine stain may be what you're looking for. I'm going to start with the not so dark ones...(please remember the lighting is atrocious just now, so I needed a flash with most images-the swatch below is without though). As always, click the images to enlarge.
17 Lasting Fix in Heatherberry is a medium tan brown, not overly dark.
Lancome Rouge Sensation in Blind Date (I think this is a US shade), looks deep purple in the tube but is buildable (without being too sheer), has a slight metallic finish and is darker than the 17 one.
Wet'n'Wild Silk Finish in Sugar Plum Fairy is a raspberry with wine tone, nice pigment and shine.
No7 Moisture Drench in 75 Sugar Plum is less bright than WnW and more dull but the same type of colour.
MAC (frost) in Cunning is a purple plum, very buildable. A good option for that gothic glam look for those afraid of very pigmented formulas.
MAC (lustre) in 5N a sheer, buildable deep brown taupe shade-I love this one!
MAC (cremesheen) in Funbathing, this one has a gold shimmering sheen and beneath that is a pretty raspberry colour.
Bourjois Rouge Connection in Modele No1 (discontinued now), a bronzed brown with a plummy flash.
Iman Moisturizing Lipstick in Enigma, this is very pretty, a strong gold overlay on a purple grape colour.

2 comments :

  1. Where is part 3 of the dark lipstick swatches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. here ya go...

    http://pinkhairedprincess.blogspot.com/2010/11/dark-lipstick-swatches-part-33.html

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.