Wednesday 1 September 2010

Review: Boss Orange Fragrance

I received these items a few months ago and have been wearing the pendant almost every day! I love innovative ways of presenting fragrance. Scent is such a difficult thing to critique, given that it's so personal and what I like or how it smells on me isn't how it will work on you or to your tastes. I also think because of the massive range available in the fragrance market, it's the quirky bottles or packaging that usually stand out to me. Anyway, let me begin with the original fragrance Boss Orange Eau de Parfum (prices from £26).
That said, this fragrance didn't immediately strike me as having a particularly fascinating bottle, but the adverts with Sienna Miller have been played on TV for months so it was impossible for it not to be on my radar. The bottle reminds me of stacked ice cubes, while the silver sides with embossed logo are certainly in keeping with the sleek Boss brand. The fragrance itself is pleasant enough, quite light with a mix of vanilla, apple and white florals.
For summer, Boss introduced the 'Celebration Of Happiness' Limited Edition fragrance. The bottle features a floral design inspired by the Boss S/S '10 womenswear collection. Available in 30ml (£26) or 50ml (£36). In addition, the fragrance is available in solid form in this delightful pendant which I received. The weighty metal case hangs on a long silver chain (the perfect length) and slides open to reveal the fragrance. You would never guess it contained a fragrance! I'm a huge fan of mixing perfume with jewellery so this gets the thumbs up from me and Sienna who says "It's great and very practical when you're on the go." It's also very nicely presented, so would make a lovely gift. Available exclusively at Debenhams for a limited time, £20.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.