Thursday 30 September 2010

I Like It Weird!

I've always erred on the side of 'unusual' when it comes to jewellery. In my teens I was fond of anklets, toe rings and adored my jangly combination hand bracelet/ring. I used to pierce my finger nail and had countless rings and charms for that, which really used to freak people out (I don't know why, it's a nail, it doesn't hurt). I like wearing rings above the knuckle or knuckledusters that cover 2 or 3 fingers. I'm also really keen on those ones that cover your whole finger, like armour. I don't have my ears pierced but I'm always looking for innovative clip-ons, sometimes wearing a crystal flower stud at the top of my ear etc
So I was mega excited when I saw this ear cuff on ASOS last week. It's exactly the type of thing I've been looking for. I get really annoyed when clip on earrings aren't interesting as they tend to be old fashioned. Just because I'm not pierced it doesn't mean I'm an old lady-I still want huge hoops, dangly chandeliers and weird cuffs like this. I was about to add it straight to my basket when I noticed though, that it is indeed intended for pierced ears, grrr. There's a hook which clips around the top of your ear (fine) and then a post to secure through your piercing at the bottom (not fine). I'm so disappointed, it seemed so perfect! Oh well the quest for the unusual ear cuff will continue along with trying to find beautiful sweater clips which have been my obsession for the past couple of years!

5 comments :

  1. Hello Lady Pink!! I also like it Weird! I design and manufacture clip on earrings...... Described as "Artwork for Your Ears" Keep clip on Earrings alive!
    http://www.antreinasearrings.com/products/clip-on-earrings/prod441.php

    Thanks for allowing me to post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol how come you don't just get your ears pierced then? Coz then you can go craaaaaaaazy and pick anything you want! I swear it doesn't hurt! :)

    I do kinda know why people freak out about nail piercings though...or I know the reason why they freak ME out lol...it's because when I see it, it seems like it can get hooked somewhere causing the nail to get ripped off too short...which would hurt like hell :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be sure to check out your website! Thanks for posting.

    Heehee, well Marlein I did really want my ears pierced when I was 12 or 13 and for various reasons the few places here that did it wouldn't do it (one lost their license, a couple of places you needed to be 16 and someone else was off sick that did the piercing), so I took it as a sign that it wasn't meant to be. I'm quite superstitious and I had visions of something going wrong if I pursued it! Nowadays though I just don't think i could be bothered getting it done and dealing with closing up holes and crusty bits! It is a pain trying to find cool earrings though and I think I'm out-growing the selection at Claire's Accessories! Plus everyone thinks I do have pierced ears and I've lost count of the amount of presents I've received of pierced earrings from friends and family!

    I suppose I would freak if my nail ripped off, but people actually thought it hurt making the hole myself (no!)-I used to love the look of it though. I had all sorts of charms-although I often lost them on nights out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm well I never have crusty bits LOL! I have 2 holes in each ear...and when I had just had the second holes done I wanted to clean them really well a few days later so I took the starter earrings out...BIG mistake...the hole on my right ear closed super fast and I couldn't get the earring back in...I got totally frustrated about it because I had paid money to get it done, so I ended up just jamming the thing back through, essentially piercing my own ear lol...I don't recommend it! Made me quite sick LOL and I now have a weird "bump" on the back of my ear where I guess it got a bit infected or something, the bump can't be seen though so it's ok haha and at least the earring was back in there :P Now they sometimes get a bit infected when I wear wrong earrings but nothing serious. And they don't close up either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I see my sister putting in earrings or playing around with it, my legs go to jelly....I don't think I'd be very good with piercings!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.