Tuesday 10 August 2010

My Day

I've been really busy with another project (which I finally completed yesterday) and the exhaustion from that and the wedding is just hitting me...hard! I am absolutely shattered, I can barely keep my eyes open, but I'm trying to carry on, saying my usual "I don't have time to be knackered" phrase! Mum took me out today for a little bit-the first time in a week (yay, fresh air!) and so I actually had to make myself look presentable. My nails are atrocious right now, they still haven't grown back since my fall a couple of months ago. However, I painted them last night and pinned my hair, so it would be cute and curly today.

Did we not get caught in an absolute downpour though and I'm now sporting a fluffy mop-head, grrr! I was soaked through and am pissed that I spent half an hour doing my hair, when I was already tired, for it now to look hideous. I did pop into
Boots for a little browse (and shelter from the rain) although the makeup offers change tomorrow so the stands were midway to reflecting that and had a lot of empty spaces.
I did notice the new Liplicious glosses from No7 though. I already own several of these (my friend gave me a set for Christmas) and aside from the new black lid (old was clear), you'll be hard pushed to identify the few new shades. The one new colour that did pop out to me though was Purple Liquorice. A stunning dark purple with multi coloured micro-glitter. When swatched it has this grey, almost dirty black quality to it which I love, love, love (and my Mum hated). I always consider myself a slight goth girl at heart and this gloss was just screaming out to me. I like it, I want it, I need it! The only annoying thing is the applicator and packaging. You really have to squeeze hard to get any gloss out and usually a blob of clear, watery stuff spews out first and you really have to work to get to the colour. The glosses are £9 and there is a free travel kit when you spend £22 on No7 currently.
I was supposed to start the new shoe challenge yesterday on The Shoe Girl Diaries and the day just got away from me. I had high hopes today, until mid-way through photographing my shoes (and outfit) my battery died! The few photos I took are absolute crap! Oh well, as they say, "it never rains, but it pours"!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.