Monday 31 May 2010

Massive Aldi Beauty Haul

It's a beautiful sunny day today and not overly hot (thank goodness)! So Mum and I went out for a walk. We have an Aldi supermarket along the road from our house and my Mum regularly shops there for vegetables while I've never been. She took me in today and said "never again", because I spent £16.18 on skincare and cosmetics! Only I could go out for a leisurely walk and come home with a massive beauty haul! However, my real reason for purchasing (honestly) was to try out the products for you. I've heard some great things about the moisturisers and I'm really very curious to see how they perform and to share that knowledge. At this price too, I felt I couldn't really go wrong. Just look at the amount of products I got for my money.There was quite a lot of choice, but I didn't bother reading very much about anything and just bought a selection. Siana Moisturising Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream (for all skin types) with Bioflavone and Co-enzyme Q10, 50ml jar £1.99. You'll pay £9.99 for a similar moisturiser from Nivea or even a fiver for some Boots Co-enzyme Q10 capsules! All other products I bought are Lacura, next up is the Q10 Night Cream with Retinol Complex and Co-enzyme Q10 50ml jar, £1.99. Then a 15ml tube of Moisturising Eye Cream, again with Co-enzyme Q10 only £1.49 and Eye Roll-On 15ml with caffeine, provitamin B5 and hyaluronic acid £3.99-the similar Garnier product is £9.99. I'm really, really excited to try these, maybe they'll smell like pee or something, but surely they are worth trying?

I also got 200 cotton buds for 35p-I love these for smudging eye makeup and Compact Powder in 10 Transparent £2.39-I'm not holding out much hope for this, but we'll see. Finally two lipsticks £1.99 each. The tester colours looked so dark in the tube, but actually when you tried them, they were rather pleasant, so I picked up 410 Coffee, brown with oodles of beautiful gold micro-sparkles and 415 Pink Rose a medium neutral pink (no shimmer). They were out of stock of the other one I wanted, but once I looked at these at home, I'm over the moon with them! The packaging for the makeup items are pewter, mirror-like and reasonably weighty, the powder comes with a little puff and mirror inside the compact. Swatches and more pictures will follow later in the week and I'll let you know how I get on with the skincare items. I actually have loads of exciting new products that I'm trialling just now, so this summer will be a massive review-fest! Let me know if you like my reviews or if there's anything you would like to see more of.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.