Tuesday 6 April 2010

All Change...Again!

So I took the plunge to colour my hair yesterday. A spur of the moment decision, mainly due to pressure from my Mum (yep even at 29, she still has 'power' over me!). The pale pink just didn't last at all and so I coloured it 'Dark Auburn'. The main reason was so it would all be the same shade (for once), but aside from that it's just going to be a nightmare. I don't like the colour, it looks nothing like it did on the box. I think it is far too harsh with my pale skin. So now I'm going to have to live with it for a while then re-bleach and get it back to pink, aaargh. I would have loved for the pale pink shade to be more long-lasting. Washing out within a week or having that bleached yellow tint shining through from the very first day was just hopeless. Had it worked, I would have experimented with different pastel shades, how cool would lilac or mint green be? However, I think I'm going to have to give up on it, it's way too high maintenance.
In real life my new colour looks darker and slightly less reddish than the pic. It'll do for now, thank goodness I don't have to leave the house very often! It is nice to have no roots, because I'm super fussy when it comes to that and I know this sounds silly, but I thought the bright pink looked more 'natural' on me than this shade. It has been pink for many years now, so maybe it's just going to take a while to get used to this. I'm doing that 'who's that?' thing everytime I look in the mirror! I'm not going to cry over it, because it's not the end of the world. I hate it, maybe other people will like it, it'll do, I suppose. What do you think? Prefer me pink? Or could this grow on you?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.