Thursday 11 March 2010

Let Loose

I don't know what's happening to me, it must be because I'm turning 30 this year that I'm adopting a different attitude! I've given up foundation, stopped with the lip liner and bought a t-shirt yesterday (more on that later). It started a couple of days ago when I was short on time to get ready. The day before I'd spent forever getting ready and left the house sulking because I looked like crap. My hair wasn't sitting right, my makeup looked terrible, I couldn't find the shoes I wanted to wear, the dresses I'd tried on looked like tents-nothing was working and my room looked like a bomb had hit it! What a waste, all that preparation and I didn't look any better than when I woke up (my Mum debates this-but I maintain I looked like shit). So, fast forward to the next day I decided the debacle from the day before wouldn't happen again. I dabbed some concealer under my eyes, a flick of eyeliner, some blush and lipstick (the eyeliner/blush/lippie is definitely my signature look whilst the concealer is more necessity) and that was me. No foundation, no mascara, no powder, primer, highlighter, brows, lipliner, gloss. Now I'm always a 'more is more' girl, but when I looked in the mirror I had to admit that I actually looked just as good (if not better) than those days when I spend ages on my appearance.
I took the plunge yesterday, going further afield than my street, with my new no nonsense makeup and I think it was a hit. My skin has been so dry and foundation just accentuated that, plus it's just another thing that'll slip off your face midday and it was refreshing to not have to check and powder throughout the day. I did a shimmery, mermaid eye so wore eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara, but again I only wore a little concealer, blush, lipstick and I did put a little powder on my nose. I'm not saying I have perfect skin, quite the contrary, but I'm finally realising that I didn't really *need* such a high maintenance look to look like myself every day. Above is an image of me today (concealer, eyeliner, mascara, blush, lipliner and lipstick) and I honestly haven't done anything other than resize it, no photoshop here! It feels quite liberating to go 'naked', although I admit I'm not sure I'd like someone looking at my face up-close just yet!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.