Thursday 11 February 2010

Review: Skin MD Shielding Lotion

What is it?: Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion
What it claims: An alternative to traditional moisturisers. This paraben free lotion claims to treat dry skin as well as fight ageing. It can be used on the face, body and hands. What it's like: A lightweight lotion with a very subtle scent. Completely non greasy, this sinks into skin immediately and doesn't leave a sticky residue behind. The bottle has a flip lid and was very slim and compact and surprised me that it contained 120ml. The best part for me was that it is completely non-comedogenic, so didn't clog my pores or break me out.

How it worked, on my face: With problematic skin, I don't have the luxury of choosing a sunscreen or anti-ageing moisturiser never mind 'brightening', 'firming' or anything as fancy as that! I've been using a basic supermarket moisturiser which I trust won't irritate my skin, but I've found it doesn't really moisturise. Although I have acne-prone skin, it's not oily and I've found it has been particularly dry over the winter and especially with the use of acne treatment gel. I was very excited that this lotion wouldn't break me out (it really didn't) and promised to help dry skin and ageing...and it really worked! My skin has definitely looked firmer and I've noticed a significant difference around the eye area which at 29, is the only part that is perhaps showing those first signs of ageing. My skin hasn't felt tight like it had before, although I did have very slight dry, flaky skin on my forehead at times. I perhaps could have used the lotion more frequently (than twice a day), as suggested on the bottle. It's perfect to use under makeup because it doesn't leave a greasy film.

How it worked on my hands: This is a dream to use on your hands, it's easy to transport (in your bag) and because it sinks in immediately you can use it throughout the day without having to worry about slippy, greasy hands afterwards. I don't have any bother with my hands, so couldn't comment on how well it works to aid very dry skin.

How it works, on my body: I was actually shocked at the effect this had. My legs have been looking terrible lately, covered in cuts from shaving, razor burn etc and so I thought I had nothing to lose by trialling this lotion on my legs. They are now silky smooth and all marks are completely gone, I'm astounded and so pleased.

Conclusion: This is a really hard working lotion which works just as well on the face as it does on the body. It's wonderful for someone like me who is looking for non pore clogging and anti-ageing in one product. I loved the firming effect and felt my skin looked brighter throughout. The lotion is also available in an SPF formula. I would highly recommend it if you have problems with shaving as noted above or perhaps the man in your life would love to try it too? I'm a total convert!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.