Monday 26 January 2009

Fringe Me


Fringing is set to be huge for S/S '09, especially on footwear. I saw these Christian Louboutin Tina Summer fringed creations in the latest issue of Instyle. They don't look all that great in the images from Browns (£940, a little like the fringing is stuck to a normal peep-toe shoe), but I thought they looked fabulous on the model in the spread. On my recent trip to New Look I found that fringing had definitely hit the high-street. NL had several colours of this style (below, £35 instore and available online in 4 shades), a little more tame than Louboutin, but a nod to the trend nonetheless. I actually bought a beautiful pair (£30, not on the website yet), they are suede and shaped like the YSL Trib 2, with very rounded toe, skinny high heel and concealed platform (a beautiful shape). They have a fringed ankle strap with little stud detail around the top. They are bright violet and totally stunning. I would insist you go a size up in these as the 6 just fits me (I'm usually a 5), they are tiny. Also shown below are some Topshop boots from their S/S lookbook.River Island have been doing the fringed boot thing for a while and have a newer version of their popular A/W boot, pictured below (available in 3 colours online) for £132.11. Karen Millen also have these Louboutin-esque black peep-toe boots (£244.68) with layered fringing and check out these Irregular Choice wedges (bottom), new for Spring....a little like Dougal from The Magic Roundabout, personally I think it's fringing gone too far, although somehow I can see Mary-Kate Olsen loving them!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.