Thursday 23 October 2008

It's boots time!

OK, so Scotland hasn't exactly seen the best summer, but I do remember the weather forecasters predicting an indian summer (that didn't happen) before we head into the freezing winter . However this week has seen a dramatic change in the weather. It's wild winds today, at the beginning of the week it was getting dark around 3.30pm and it is bitterly cold. Now I'm not what my Mum would call a 'cauld tatty', but even I'm out there with hats and gloves on. I have no idea how I'll survive when it gets even colder. I've actually been wearing shoe boots the past few months, so I've never really had the chance to wear my more summery shoes and sandals. I have numerous ankle boots, but I bought a few pairs of more substantial Irregular Choice boots this summer that I'm hoping will see me through the winter.
Today I wore 'Sugar', mine are actually bronze with a black pattern on them (I could only find an image of this turquoise pair). These are pretty amazing, I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of them. The are really comfy and can give your look a bit of edge, they do take a long time to lace up though! They go mid-calf and have this angular looking heel and block toe. I'm so glad I got these.
'Wild Thing' are brown suede and leopard print leather. These are probably a little more difficult to co-ordinate with an outfit, so I doubt I'll wear them a lot. They have a zip up the back and sort of bunch up at the front, where you can adjust the gold trim tie. These look like they are knee high, but actually stop mid-calf. I like wearing them scrunched down to just above the ankle, it goes with the overall look and doesn't make the gathered section look so strange. I love leopard print though and it always seems to be getting a fashion revival, so they are a bit of fun.
I wanted these 'Jupiter' boots the moment I saw them in last winters IC collection. Unfortunately I missed out on them, but managed to get them from Letsbuyshoes. These are the perfect 'wear with anything' boots. They are beautifully made, with pinstripe fabric lining, inside zip, ruched toe, concealed platform and gold insert. I had to buy the next size up in these (it's all they had), so they are a little roomy, but my foot isn't slipping around in them.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.