Friday 18 July 2008

Dior Spring/Summer '08 shoes

If I'd ever had the choice to write an essay on one designer when I was at Uni, I would've chosen Christian Dior. I would be able to talk non-stop about almost every collection since the 1947 'new look' to the current genius of head designer John Galliano. I usually drool over every catwalk outfit of every haute couture and ready-to-wear show. From the fantastical makeup right down to the fabulous shoes. It's safe to say I do 'J'adore Dior'.

At the Spring/Summer '08 RTW show, I was dazzled yet again by the craftmanship of Galliano, in particular the gorgeous shoes that accompanied each outfit (shown in blue above). Now, it's got to be said, that on my budget, I'm not likely to be able to afford the £500+ needed for said shoes that I've spotted on Diane Kruger and Dita Von Teese. ASOS however, surprised me this week with a new pair of shoes which have definitely taken inspiration from the Dior beauties. OK, so they're not quite couture level, they don't have the metal cone, cut-out heel for one, but they do a pretty good job. The have the brogue detailing, 3 straps and concealed platform. At £50 they are not the cheapest of shoes from the internet brand, but I think these will be added to my ever growing ASOS shopping list!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.